Skip to main content

Welcome to My Vegan Weight Loss Journey!

Welcome to my new blog, Vegan Miracles: Weight Loss & Super Powers!  I am Heather Carr and I've been overweight my whole life, except for a very unhealthy period of my teens, when I was the skinniest I've ever been at 130-135 lbs when I was 17-18.


After that unhealthy period of over-exercising, starvation and drugs, I wanted to be healthy and clean, so I quit cold-turkey on my own and started to eat what I though was normal and healthy-the Standard American Diet (SAD). Within 3 years I had obtained my highest weight ever of 225 lbs when I was approximately 21 years old.  I have no pictures of me at my highest weight, because I felt horrible about myself.  My high school graduation at the age of 19 is the closest I have, and I'm not even sure how much I weighed here, but it wasn't the highest!

 
This was another one of my breaking points, and I committed again to exercising, and tried many different diet plans, including Atkins, Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, all kinds of weird cleanses, and even started taking advice from pro anorexia websites.  One of the successful diets I did at that time was very restrictive, and I ate around 1200 calories a day, including lean meat and dairy.  I did get down to 175 lbs, but I was starving and grumpy, with no energy to exercise.  I took diet pills and stimulants to try to get though moderate exercise.  I eventually failed and gained back most of the weight, yo-yoing between 175 and 210 for years.

Sometime in the Fall of 2010 I read Skinny Bitch.  It changed my life and reversed my outlook on using animals for our "pleasure" and "nourishment".  I read the book in a day, and went vegan at the same time.  I immediately tried to follow the plan suggested, but eating real food like fruits and vegetables was completely foreign to me.  I didn't know how to cook or plan meals.  I started veganism eating vegan junk food,  processed food, protein shakes, and supplements.  When I tried to eat more salads and veggies and fruit, I didn't know what I was doing, so I was starving all the time.  I went back to the vegan junk food, full of fat and still not the healthiest for daily nutrition, and I still felt like shit.  Exhausted and starving and clueless after 2 months vegan.... I went back to dairy. I remained vegetarian, eating eggs and dairy, for 3 more years until I yo-yo'd up to 205 lbs, a new recent high weight!  I was on the fast track to obtaining diabetes and cancer in my 30's!

On Mother's Day 5/12/13, I went completely vegan again, but this time I had more knowledge obtained from lots of internet research and dedicated myself to healthy high carb veganism.  Since then I have gained many wonderful things, including some new vegan super powers! I lost a lot of fat that I'd been carrying for years.  I also know how to plan my food, meals and I'm even cooking healthy food!  I do indulge in some vegan junk food from time to time, but 95% of the time I try to keep my diet 80/10/10, which is 80% carbs, 10% fat, and 10% protein.  


My new low weight is 183 lbs, but I now don't own a scale, so I will have to go by mirrors, pictures and inches.  I believe the mirror is more motivation than the scale, but since my goal is to loose a substantial more amount of weight, I will still be keeping track of my weight when I can. As of yesterday, I was 183 lbs, with a waist of 31" and hips of 46", bringing my BMI to 30, just on the border of overweight and obese.  Before I went vegan, and I was just vegetarian and working out to Insantiy, my measurements were a waist of 38" and hips of 48"!  I'm grateful to be leaving obese territory, and I can promise, I will NEVER go back to that height of unhealthiness again.  I want to avoid all preventable diseases, not feed them.  I want to eat to live, not eat to die! 

Please subscribe and bookmark to watch me shrink much, much more, and hopefully, eventually down to my goal weight of 111-130 lbs.  I hope to help others achieve the vegan miracles I have obtained, by learning from my success and many others that have taught me how to be healthy.  Please feel free to comment below with questions or requests!  Please keep negativity to yourself.  I will keep this blog primarily positively miraculous, but with a specific place for NSFW content related to veganism.  The hard truth about the animal industries is part of the reason I became committed to veganism for life.  Veganism is not just about personal health and weight loss, it's about abundant health, freedom and life for all earthlings.  My main goal of this blog is to continue to spread a healthy revolution, we need to reverse the tides!

Many Blessings of Love & Abundance~
Heather

Comments

  1. Hi. :) I follow your IG account. Love your blog so far! I am excited to see your future posts. I am doing high carb vegan with one cooked meal per day. I've been gaining weight rather than losing. I'm obese and also worried about diabetes that's probably headed my way... I just keep hoping the weight will start to come off. Really worried about my health. Anyway, you're looking great! Keep up the good work! Vegan is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! :D. Thanks for checking out my blog! I hope your weight loss picks up, and I'm sure it will. Healing can take time. My weight has been fairly plateaued of months, but I'm slimming down still. Keep eating healthy like you are, and you will surely find success! :D One day at a time, before ya know it you'll have some before and after pics too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rolling Stones - Ride 'Em On Down

This video and song! Hotness abounds! New, awesome Rolling Stones and Kristen Stewart post apocalyptic classic Mustang joy ride and pole dance! And Zebra. Nuff said. Enjoy~ ;) (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEuV82GqQnE)

Photo

via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2cHcDL0

Sorry Vegans, PLANTS CAN FEEL (Proof)